If this Banana Walnut Coconut Oatmeal doesn’t make you want to jump out of bed, I’m not sure if much else can! This “set it and forget it” breakfast recipe works wonder for breakfast on the go as well. And for double points, all of the main ingredients in this recipe are considered SUPERFOODS. Meaning, they’re nutrient packed with health enhancing properties. Top off your bowl with toppings of choice, if any, and enjoy the meal while doing good for your health!
Now it’s time to roll up your sleeves for a 5 minute effort to create this gourmet breakfast!
BANANA WALNUT COCONUT OATMEAL
- 1 cup of steel cut oats
- 2 cups of water
- 2 cups of Almond Coconut milk
- 3 bananas
- 2 tbsp of honey
- 10 shakes of cinnamon
- 1/4 cup of unsweetened coconut shavings
- 1/2 cup of walnuts
1. Spray your slow cooker with organic olive oil cooking spray.
2. Toss in all ingredients except for bananas and walnuts.
3. Chop each banana into 1/2 inch pieces and then toss in.
4. Toss in crushed walnuts.
5. Mix ingredients in the slow cooker to ensure ingredients are distributed evenly.
6. Set your slow cooker for 7 hours on Low. Make sure your slow cooker automatically turns to the “warm” setting if you sleep more than 7 hours.
7. Wake up to the most heavenly scent and slowly enjoy your meal!
Servings: 8 / Serving size: about 1/3 cup