How to not diet on a diet.
Eat through life without sacrifice. Never follow a diet that eliminates food groups, restricts certain healthful foods, or causes more stress than satisfaction. Keep a delicious lifestyle by these 5 major guidelines:
- Consuming antioxidant rich foods like sweet potatoes, berries, broccoli, and papaya
- Reducing carb intake towards the end of the day (unless if you workout late)
- Eating a variety of foods within each major food group (ie; carbs: brown rice, yams, oatmeal, quinoa, whole grain bread)
- Water. All day, every day. Drink half your bodyweight in ounces. And more if you workout.
- Sweat, almost daily. Keep your machine burning through physical activity that you enjoy.
The stress of calorie counting, stepping on a scale, or elimination of food groups do far more harm than good. The stress caused by dieting can eventually cause a crash, burn, and binge, becoming a vicious cycle. Not only does it tire you out mentally, but chronic dieting can cause major physical health issues. Life is too short to diet. The secret to staying satisfied and well nourished is a balancing act of nutritious foods that you love and physical activity that you enjoy. Keep your daily diet full of color, tastes, and whole foods. So go ahead, enjoy that wine and cheese plate every so often!