With a loaded pepper stuffed with superfoods and physique-friendly nutrition facts, this recipe is a home run for everyone. From kids to spouses to friends to prenatal palates, the Supah Stuffed Mexican Pepper fuels each body with a well-rounded combination of satiable macronutrients and filled with vitamins and minerals (especially for those prenatal diets)! And as planned in every single one of my recipes, there are 5 main ingredients or less! This may take you 20-25 minutes total, so prep a bunch of these little guys so you won’t starve for lunch and/or dinner tomorrow!
SUPAH STUFFED PEPPERS, MEXICAN STYLE!
- 1 cup cooked Eden Organic Red Quinoa
- 2 organic large yellow bell peppers
- 1/2 cup low fat organic mozzarella
- 1 can of organic “no salt added” black beans
- 1 small can of organic “no salt added” tomato paste
- 10 shakes of chipotle chili pepper
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees
- Combine all ingredients, aside from the bell peppers, into a bowl and mix thoroughly
- Cut each of the bell peppers in half, scrape out seeds, rinse and place on baking pan
- Evenly distribute the mixed ingredients into each of the 4 bell pepper halves
- Sprinkle extra cheese on top, of course!
- Place pan in oven and let cook for about 12 minutes
Take that first bite then wait for it…..a Mexican FIESTA on your tastebuds!
Serving Size = 1/2 Yellow Bell Pepper